5/28/13

School's out for Summer!!

I am truly excited that both children are out of school for the summer.  Our days will now be less hectic and we can actually enjoy each other's company.  However, in order for us to do that, we need to have some rules, boundaries and most importantly, a schedule.

What's that you say?  A schedule in the summertime?!  But that's crazy talk!!  Oh, how I wish that were so.  At Blake's OT appointment yesterday, Ms Angie recommended that we keep up a schedule for the summer, and even gave us suggestions on how to create a visual schedule.  Its good for kids to be on a schedule, even for Zoey so that they know what is expected of them.

So, what am I doing today?!  Working on getting a visual schedule done of course :)  Oh!  I get to use my laminater, and printer, and paper cuter :)  I know you are all so jealous!!

I found some ideas on Pinterest and scoured the internet for free PECS printables.  Here was the end result.

The new summer schedule view with calendar :)

Summer Schedule Rules...always have to specify the rules in this house.  Then we have something to go back to for accountability :)

Envelopes at the bottom of each person's side to hold the pictures.

Velcro on each time and picture (this one was a written out picture).


I sat down and explained the new schedule to the kids along with the rules and what's expected of them.  We will start tomorrow.  Hoping this is just what we need for a smooth transition to summer!!


No comments: